Initiatives / Racial Equity Seed Fund / Current Work
In the third year of the Racial Equity Seed Fund, we're directly supporting 6 schools each receiving $10,000 to support implementation of racial equity projects focused on equitable literacy and sense of belonging.
Schools and Community Organizations participate in:
- Monthly School-Based Equity Roundtable Meetings
- Root-Cause Analysis around a specific racial equity and literacy problem
- Develop and implement action plans to advance racial equity and equitable literacy
Collective cohort work includes:
- 10 cohort convenings (across 2 years) to engage in technical assistance, professional development, and cross-school/ cross-organization learning
- Collective analysis of conditions that work to advance equitable literacy outcomes and strengthen student/family sense of belonging
- Collective development of recommendations to build school and district capacity to sustain and scale lessons learned, including policy and practice shifts.