Initiatives / School on the Move Prize / 2023 Prize
2023 School on the Move Prize Finalists
Congratulations to this year’s three finalist schools:
2023 School on the Move Semifinalists
The following schools were selected as semifinalists:
- Boston Adult Technical Academy
- Boston Green Academy
- East Boston High School
- English High School
- Fenway High School
- Josiah Quincy Elementary School
- Patrick J. Kennedy Elementary School
- Rafael Hernández K-8 School
Applicants built an evidence base demonstrating progress, shared their stories of improvement, outlined relevant data, and described the strategies that helped them realize improvement over the past 3-5 years.
The Prize will be awarded by the panel based on the following three criteria: Evidence of Improvement, Focus on Equity, and Relevance to Other Schools. See review tool.
2023 School on the Move Prize Timeline
- February 28: Round 1 application released
- March-April: Optional office hours
- Friday, April 28, 5pm: Round 1 submissions due
- Week of May 15: Select schools invited to apply in Round 2
- Friday, June 16: Round 2 submissions due
- August: Panelist review; up to three finalist schools selected and notified
- Late August: Staff visits to finalist schools
- Wednesday, September 27: Panel site visits to finalist schools; winner selected
- November 8: School on the Move Prize Ceremony; winner announced
For the 2023 School on the Move Prize, all schools in the Boston Public School district serving students in grades KO-12 who have not won the Prize in the past 5 years were eligible to apply. Recent past finalists are eligible. There are no MCAS-related eligibility requirements.
For questions or concerns, reach out to Shay McIntosh, Manager of School-based Investments at firstname.lastname@example.org.