Initiatives / School on the Move Prize / 2023 Application
For the 2023 School on the Move Prize, all schools in the Boston Public School district serving students in grades KO-12 who have not won the Prize in the past 5 years were eligible to apply for Round 1. Applicants built an evidence base demonstrating progress, shared their stories of improvement, outlined relevant data, and described the strategies that helped them realize improvement over the past 3-5 years.
- The following schools were selected to move on to Round 2 as semifinalists:
- Boston Adult Technical Academy
- Boston Green Academy
- East Boston High School
- English High School
- Fenway High School
- Josiah Quincy Elementary School
- Patrick J. Kennedy Elementary School
- Rafael Hernández K-8 School
Round 2 applications are due on June 16th.
The Prize will be awarded by the panel based on the following three criteria: Evidence of Improvement, Focus on Equity, and Relevance to Other Schools. See review tool.
2023 School on the Move Prize Timeline
- February 28: Round 1 application released
- March-April: Optional office hours (sign up here for a 20-minute slot)
- Friday, April 28, 5pm: Round 1 submissions due
- Week of May 15: Select schools invited to apply in Round 2
- Friday, June 16: Round 2 submissions due
- August: Panelist review; up to three finalist schools selected and notified
- Late September/early October (date TBD): Staff and Panel site visits to finalist schools on a single day (date TBD); winner selected
- Late October/early November (date TBD): School on the Move Prize Ceremony; winner announced
All schools in the Boston Public School district serving students in grades K0-12 except those who have won the School on the Move Prize in the past 5 years (2018-2022). Recent past finalists are eligible. There are no MCAS-related eligibility requirements.
You can access the Round 1 application here. There are written and video options, and we encourage you to use the format you are most comfortable with. Email your final submission to Shay McIntosh at email@example.com by 5pm EST on Friday, April 28, 2023.
What schools would you celebrate as a School on the Move? Please use this form to nominate a school you admire (including your own school)! We will reach out to nominated schools to let them know they have been nominated and support them in applying.