Initiatives / Racial Equity Seed Fund / Grants
Race cannot continue to predict educational outcomes for our students in Boston. Through grantmaking and working in partnership with students, families, schools, community organizations, Boston Public Schools, and Boston University we aim to build the capacity of Boston Public Schools to understand, implement, and shape conditions that disrupt and dismantle racial inequities.
EdVestors is recruiting 6 BPS schools for a 2-year networked improvement community focused on equitable literacy. Schools will receive up to $10,000 this year (with potential for future funding) as well as support from EdVestors, BPS, Boston University, and each other. To learn more, please read our information deck. To apply, please:
- Fill out a short interest form.
- Select a time on Calendly (link in interest form) to talk with us as part of your application.
Applications are rolling until October 13th, 2023.
- Blackstone Elementary
- Boston International Newcomers Academy
- Cristo Rey High School
- Fenway High School
- Gardner Elementary
- New Mission High School
- Trotter Elementary
- Chica Project
- Massachusetts Advocates for Children
- Partners for Youth with Disabilities
- Timothy Smith Network
- Baldwin Early Learning Pilot Academy
- Boston Adult Technical Academy
- Boston Latin Academy
- Ellis Mendell Elementary
- KIPP Academy Boston Charter School
- Madison Park Technical Vocational High School
- Match Charter Public School
- Mozart Elementary
- Rafael Hernández K-8 School
- 826 Boston, Literations, and Boston Partners in Education
- St. Stephen’s Youth Programs
- Young Man With a Plan