EdVestors seeks a dynamic summer intern, who will support research activities in the strategic initiatives and development areas. The summer intern will work on data development, communications, research, and special projects, reporting to the SVP of Strategic Initiatives and Director of Grants and Development Operations.
This position provides a great opportunity for learning and growth at a high-performing, entrepreneurial nonprofit organization. Intern tasks will include:
- Research career and technical education policy and program models in other states and areas of Massachusetts to inform the development of CTE programs in Boston including best practice models, current research and outcome data, and credentialing opportunities for students.
- Expand EdVestors donor pipeline by adding to EdVestors’ donor and prospect knowledge bank – research current and prospective donors (individual, corporate, and foundation) with the goal of completing 50 donor profiles across program interest areas. Upload to Salesforce database and run reports to share information with development and management team.
- Support development of FY19 fundraising plan by maintaining and updating Salesforce database– update and clean donor information in Salesforce and provide database support to development team as needed.
- Provide general support– including maintenance of donor records, support for fiscal year close, and communications to donors and other stakeholders.
- Work on special projects to move forward FY19 fundraising goals – this may include event preparation and discrete donor research projects.
- Other tasks as assigned
For candidates interested in learning more about urban education, effective nonprofits, policy research, fundraising, and communications, this position will offer a valuable chance to learn by doing. There will be opportunities for the right candidate to support with a high level of work that has a meaningful impact on urban education in Boston. The ideal candidate will have:
- Outstanding organizational and research skills, with a high level of attention to details and the ability to see projects through to completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook scheduling.
- Some data entry and data development experience. Experience in Salesforce preferable.
- Ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor and positive attitude essential.
- The ideal candidate will be available for 8-10 weeks during the summer
- Position requires 3-4 days/ week
- Paid internship
Please send in one document a resume and cover letter describing how you learned of the position and an insight into how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Please direct your application to Amy Luster at email@example.com including the position title and your last name in subject line of email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with priority given to applications received by May 15th.
EdVestors is an equal opportunity employer. At EdVestors, we strive to maintain an inclusive, flexible and diverse work environment, and our team is made stronger by the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives within our staff.