EdVestors is a dynamic school improvement organization, which combines strategic philanthropy, education expertise, and implementation support to help schools create the conditions for improvement. EdVestors’ mission is to increase the number of schools in Boston delivering dramatically improved educational outcomes for all students. EdVestors advances its mission by identifying and shaping the most effective improvement initiatives, partnering with donors to invest in these efforts, and supporting education project leaders with hands-on expertise. Since starting in 2002, EdVestors has raised and directed over $26 million in private donations for urban school improvement efforts through EdVestors’ School Solutions Seed Fund, the BPS Arts Expansion Initiative, the School on the Move Prize, Zeroing in on Math, and our newest effort to expand Career and Technical Education pathways.
Learn more at www.edvestors.org.
The Office Coordinator will play a critical role in the efficient and effective management of EdVestors. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance & Operations, the Office Coordinator provides overall office management and support to the organization; administrative and scheduling support to the Executive Vice President, finance and operations support to the Vice President of Finance & Operations, and program support to the Senior Director of School-based Investments. This entry-level position provides tremendous opportunities for learning and growth at a high-performing, entrepreneurial nonprofit organization.
Organization & Executive Support:
• Schedule appointments and manage calendar for Executive Vice President, VP Finance & Operations and Senior Director School-based Investments; interact with grantees, donors and education/nonprofit leaders, Board members, business vendors; and coordinate with other members of the EdVestors staff as needed.
• Work closely with the Coordinator team to complete administrative duties, including scheduling appointments and meetings, and preparing materials for meetings and events.
• Coordinate bi-weekly staff meeting agenda and materials.
• Handle incoming phone calls, correspondence and email requests for information.
• Communicate with outsourced technology firm and building manager to troubleshoot issues. Communicating with staff on technology, office or building issues.
• Coordinate schedules and make logistical arrangements for a variety of internal and external meetings and maintain organization planning calendars.
• Develop and maintain organizational filing system (online and paper), in coordination with other staff; perform photocopying, faxing and other administrative tasks as required.
Finance & Operation Support:
• Process invoices, bank statements and other financial documents under the direction of the Vice President of Finance and Operations.
• Support the financial work of the organization, including reviewing financial spreadsheets, prepping financial materials for board meetings, and the annual audit.
• Support human resource function, including on-boarding of new staff and supporting job searches.
• In conjunction with Senior Director of School-based Investments, assist with grants management for EdVestors’ Seed Fund and School on the Move Prize by managing application intake, preparing grantee communications, scheduling site visits, and tracking grant funds.
• Support the work of the external review panels, including organizing meetings and preparing application materials for dissemination.
• Undertake special projects as assigned.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required.
• Outstanding organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to see projects through to completion.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook scheduling.
• Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
• Desire to work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Sensitivity in working with confidential materials.
• Mature interpersonal style with ability to give and receive feedback.
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor and positive attitude essential.
• Passion for education and an interest in EdVestors work preferred.
• Great Back Bay location near public transportation.
• Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation, in addition to holidays and sick days.
• Benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan and match after one year, life insurance, and disability benefits.
To Apply: Please send in one document a resume and cover letter describing how you learned of the position and an insight into how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Please direct your application to Amy Luster at email@example.com including the position title and your last name in subject line of email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with priority given to applications received by July 27th. EdVestors is an equal opportunity employer.
At EdVestors, we strive to maintain an inclusive, flexible and diverse work environment, and our team is made stronger by the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives within our staff.