EdVestors is a dynamic school improvement organization that combines strategic philanthropy, education expertise, and implementation support to help schools create the conditions for improvement. EdVestors’ mission is to increase the number of schools in Boston delivering dramatically improved educational outcomes for all students. EdVestors advances its mission by identifying and shaping the most effective improvement initiatives, partnering with donors to invest in these efforts, and supporting education project leaders with hands-on expertise. Since starting in 2002, EdVestors has raised and directed over $32 million for urban school improvement efforts through EdVestors’ School Solutions Seed Fund, BPS Arts Expansion, the School on the Move Prize, Zeroing in on Math, and Career Pathways.
About the Arts Internship Program:
As part of both BPS Arts Expansion and the Career Pathways Initiative, EdVestors serves as the lead partner for an Arts Internship Program which was piloted in summer 2019. The Arts Internship Program is an eight week summer program for rising high school seniors from public schools in Boston. Working in close partnership with organizations throughout the city, students work as administration and operations interns at arts and cultural institutions and attend program cohort days dedicated to college and career readiness, cultural experiences, field trips, and college visits.
The Internship and Program Coordinator is an integral part of the EdVestors’ team overseeing the day to day elements of its summer Arts Internship Program and subsequent alumni engagement. Reporting to the BPS Arts Expansion Director and working closely with the Career Pathways Director, the Coordinator will support the worksite experiences of high school interns and implement all summer program elements including visits to cultural institutions, college visits, and other postsecondary readiness activities. the Coordinator will also provide administrative support for the BPS Arts Expansion initiative and other emerging work of the organization.
Internship Program coordination
- Coordinate implementation of all elements of the Internship Program including intern and worksite recruitment, orientation, worksite and cohort day experiences, and assist with program evaluation.
- Supervise 30 high school interns during summer program cohort days, including mentoring and support of students to achieve their program goals and monitoring attendance.
- Communicate regularly with program partners such as the Boston Private Industry Council, college and career readiness instructors, writing instructors, and worksites.
- Plan and coordinate program logistics such as facilities, scheduling, travel and meals during program cohort days.
- Schedule, coordinate, and supervise interns on field trips and site visits to local colleges and cultural institutions.
- Connect with worksites and ensure interns are having meaningful and productive workplace experiences.
- Work with evaluator and other program staff on documentation and showcasing of program impact.
- Collaborate with EdVestors staff to coordinate and plan end of program event.
- Communicate regularly with EdVestors staff regarding administration and implementation of program.
- Coordinate communication and engagement activities for summer program alumni.
Program administrative support
- Coordinate the grant review process and grants management for Arts Expansion Fund by managing application intake, preparing materials for external review team, processing grantee reports and scheduling grantee site visits.
- Work closely with the other coordinators to complete administrative duties, including scheduling appointments and meetings, handling incoming calls and email requests, troubleshooting, preparing materials for meetings and events, and overall efficient operations of the organization.
- Take part in EdVestors activities related to organization wide or other fundraising events.
- Job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required.
- Experience working with, mentoring, and supervising teens, preferably in teen employment/work-based learning settings.
- Strong youth engagement skills. Knowledge of youth development principles and practices preferred.
- Program coordination experience with ability to collaborate and communicate with multiple constituencies such as teens, program partners, families, colleagues and funders.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to see projects through to completion.
- Excellent judgment in managing the public face of an organization and in handling confidential materials.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Interest in education and/or the arts.
- Desire to work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook scheduling.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor and positive attitude essential.
- Standing and walking for long period of time during program days or other event days.
- Carrying and lifting 10-20lbs; ability to assist in room setup, which may include moving tables or chairs.
- Back Bay location near public transportation.
- Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation, in addition to holidays and sick days.
- Benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan and match after one-year, life insurance, and disability benefits.
Please send in one document a resume and cover letter describing how you learned of the position and an insight into how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Please direct your application to Ruth Mercado-Zizzo at firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title and your last name in subject line of email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with priority given to applications received by January 27th.
EdVestors is an equal opportunity employer. At EdVestors, we strive to maintain an inclusive, flexible and diverse work environment, and our team is made stronger by the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives within our staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.