EdVestors is a dynamic school improvement organization that combines strategic philanthropy, education expertise, and implementation support to help schools create the conditions for improvement. EdVestors’ mission is to increase the number of schools in Boston delivering dramatically improved educational outcomes for all students. EdVestors advances its mission by identifying and shaping the most effective improvement initiatives, partnering with donors to invest in these efforts, and supporting education project leaders with hands-on expertise. Since starting in 2002, EdVestors has raised and directed over $28.5 million for urban school improvement efforts through EdVestors’ School Solutions Seed Fund, the BPS Arts Expansion Initiative, the School on the Move Prize, Zeroing in on Math, and our newest effort to expand Career and Technical Education (CTE) pathways.
Learn more at www.edvestors.org
About Career and Technical Education (CTE):
Through our Strategic Initiatives, EdVestors takes a collaborative, multi-pronged approach to driving change in specific issue areas, including arts education and middle grades math. EdVestors’ third and most recent effort to achieve citywide student impact is our work to expand CTE pathways in Boston high schools. CTE pathways that marry rigorous academics with high-quality career and technical education can be an effective strategy for overall high school improvement, resulting in deeper student academic engagement and increased access to post-secondary and employment opportunities for Boston students. We believe that CTE pathways built on best practices can serve as a cornerstone to improve a number of Boston’s public high schools.
We are seeking a collaborative, entrepreneurial systems leader to serve as Director of our emerging CTE initiative through which we have partnered with the Boston Public Schools (BPS) central office to develop a cohesive plan and support approach for CTE pathways across the district. The Director will report to EdVestors’ Executive Vice President and will work closely with EdVestors’ CEO as well as the BPS Executive Director for Career and Technical Education.
- Drive all aspects of the emerging strategic initiative including high level strategy for sequencing the work as well as day-to-day coordination of implementation activities.
- Work in close collaboration with the BPS Office of Career and Technical Education and broader Office of Secondary Schools to support CTE pathway planning and implementation in schools in concert with industry partners.
- Provide support to the school-based CTE planning teams at various high schools including through execution and monitoring of planning and implementation grants through report review, discussions and site visits.
- Compile and analyze local, state, and national data related to best practices, program models, labor market needs, higher education partners, staffing, curricula, scheduling, student recruitment, work-based learning, and other related topics as needed.
- Oversee collection, analysis, and presentation of data and progress to internal and external stakeholder audiences.
- Participate in communications and outreach strategy to build broad ownership and understanding of the importance of career and technical education and its place on the education landscape.
- Supervise consultants retained to support implementation efforts.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships including schools, business and industry partners, collaborating nonprofits, universities, and funders.
- Coordinate and facilitate periodic meetings and convenings with school, district, nonprofit and industry stakeholders to understand needs, resources available, and areas of intersection.
- Develop content for external communications and data reporting that celebrates progress and disseminates results.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts including the development of proposals and reports to donors.
- Represent EdVestors at external meetings, events, and speaking engagements where applicable.
- Undertake special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- Several years of experience with collaborative projects and processes and demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience working in and with urban public high schools. Specific knowledge of career and technical education pathway development and implementation a plus.
- Track record of developing and maintaining relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of one or more of the following sectors: urban school districts, local government, nonprofits, business and industry, and philanthropy. Experience working in Boston experience preferred.
- Mature interpersonal style with a sense of humor and the ability to interact with a diverse range of people.
- Comfort with ambiguity and early stage initiatives that will grow and evolve.
- Strong communication skills, in person and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Willingness to function as a key member of a small, fast-paced, and high-functioning team in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Great Back Bay location near public transportation.
- Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation, in addition to holidays and sick days.
- Benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan and match after one-year, life insurance, and disability benefits.
Please send in one document a resume and cover letter describing how you learned of the position and an insight into how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Please direct your application to Amy Luster at firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title and your last name in subject line of email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with priority given to applications received by October 1st.
EdVestors is an equal opportunity employer. At EdVestors, we strive to maintain an inclusive, flexible and diverse work environment, and our team is made stronger by the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives within our staff.