EdVestors is a dynamic school improvement organization that combines strategic philanthropy, education expertise, and implementation support to help schools create the conditions for improvement. EdVestors’ mission is to increase the number of schools in Boston delivering dramatically improved educational outcomes for all students. EdVestors advances its mission by identifying and shaping the most effective improvement initiatives, partnering with donors to invest in these efforts, and supporting education project leaders with hands-on expertise. Since starting in 2002, EdVestors has raised and directed over $29 million for urban school improvement efforts through EdVestors’ School Solutions Seed Fund, the BPS Arts Expansion Initiative, the School on the Move Prize, Zeroing in on Math, and our newest effort to expand Career and Technical Education pathways.
Learn more at www.edvestors.org
The Development Coordinator is an integral part of the EdVestors’ development team. The Coordinator will be responsible for the daily administrative functions of EdVestors’ funding base, database administration and special events. S/he will support the team in gift acknowledgement, database management, prospect research, grant writing and communications. The Coordinator will play an important role in helping to raise close to $4 million annually to support EdVestors’ education grantmaking, program activities and operations to advance efforts to improve urban education in Boston. This entry-level position reports directly to the Director of Grants and Development Operations
Ideal for recent college graduate or candidate with equivalent experience.
See instructions below on how to apply.
Support the development team and work closely with the executive team with administrative duties including.
- Assist Sr. VP for External Relations and the development team in administering gift acknowledgment, tracking of funds, and communications with the internal team.
- Update and maintain Salesforce database, including existing reports, and help in identifying other reports that are helpful in stewardship and forecasting.
- Work closely with the VP of Finance, maintain financial record keeping related to incoming donor funds including reports required for audit purposes, gift processing, and forecasting based on donor capacity and history.
- Develop reports and provide analysis of donor data.
- Prepare materials for donor meetings, special events, house parties, etc.
- Identify and research foundations, corporations, and potential individual donors.
- Plan, coordinate and implement EdVestors’ major annual events including the School on the Move Prize Ceremony and the Education Showcase.
- Coordinate other donor-related events throughout the year such as EdHeadliner, Lunch and Learn, and house parties.
- Work in collaboration with the staff team, manage logistical details, prepare outreach materials and lists for events.
- Coordinate event volunteers and event systems.
- Support Director of Grants and Development Operations in prospect research, report writing, and production of a variety of publications, including e-newsletters, donor and prospect mailings and annual appeals, as well as the design and printing of collateral materials.
- Regularly update website content.
- Take part in EdVestors activities related to organization wide or other fundraising events.
- Undertake other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required.
- Work experience (internships or full-time roles) in sales, marketing, and/or development activities in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- Passion for education and an interest in EdVestors’ work.
- Superior organizational skills and detail orientation with ability and creativity to see projects through to completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to interact well with a diverse range of constituents and stakeholders.
- Solid database management skills; knowledge of Salesforce or other fundraising software a plus.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and MailChimp
- Sound knowledge of web site editing software and electronic communications (MailChimp).
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a growing entrepreneurial, mission driven team.
- Strong sense of initiative and curiosity, with the ability to make decisions about how to manage and organize own workload, juggle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic team player sense of humor, and positive attitude.
- Great Back Bay location near public transportation.
- Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation, in addition to holidays and sick days.
- Benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan and match after one-year, life insurance, and disability benefits.
Please send a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity. Send the information in one single document in .doc or .pdf format to Amy Luster at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
EdVestors is an equal opportunity employer.
At EdVestors, we strive to maintain an inclusive, flexible and diverse work environment, and our team is made stronger by the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives within our staff.