EdVestors is a dynamic school improvement organization that combines strategic philanthropy, education expertise, and implementation support to help schools create the conditions for improvement. EdVestors’ mission is to increase the number of schools in Boston delivering dramatically improved educational outcomes for all students. EdVestors advances its mission by identifying and shaping the most effective improvement initiatives, partnering with donors to invest in these efforts, and supporting education project leaders with hands-on expertise. Since starting in 2002, EdVestors has raised and directed over $29 million for urban school improvement efforts through EdVestors’ School Solutions Seed Fund, the BPS Arts Expansion Initiative, the School on the Move Prize, Zeroing in on Math, and our newest effort to expand Career and Technical Education pathways.
Learn more at www.edvestors.org
The Coordinator, Program & Operations provides administrative support which is critical to the efficient and effective management of EdVestors. Reporting to the Executive Vice President and the Vice President of Finance & Operations, the Coordinator will provide administrative and programmatic support for the Zeroing in on Math initiative, School Solutions Seed Fund and key aspects of organization overall operations. This position provides tremendous opportunities for learning and growth at a high-performing, entrepreneurial nonprofit organization.
- In conjunction with Vice President of Finance & Operations, communicate with outsourced technology firm and building manager to troubleshoot issues. Lead communication with staff on technology, office or building issues.
- Support human resource function, including on-boarding of new staff and supporting job searches.
- Coordinate bi-weekly staff meeting agenda and materials and support staff retreat planning.
- Schedule appointments and manage calendar for Executive Vice President & Vice President of Finance & Operations.
Program & Grantmaking Support:
In conjunction with Executive Vice President & Director of Zeroing in on Math, assist with program support needs, including:
- Support Blended Learning cohort technology, including communication with partner schools, teachers, and vendors.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and events, including Math Advisory Board meetings, school site visits, monthly teacher sessions, and the Math Fellows Forum.
- Assist with ZioM school partner grant execution and processing teacher stipends.
- Assist with program communications, including program website updates and event invitations.
In conjunction with Manager of Strategic School-based Investments, assist with School Solution Seed Fund, including:
- Manage application intake, preparing grantee communications, scheduling site visits, and tracking grant funds.
- Support the work of the external review panels, including organizing meetings and preparing application materials for dissemination.
- Maintain Salesforce database, including processing incoming contributions according to protocols.
- Coordinate with outside office vendors for maintenance & supplies.
- Serve as a point of contact for office visitors and incoming phone calls.
- Work closely with the other coordinators to complete administrative duties, including scheduling appointments and meetings, preparing materials for meetings and events, and overall efficient operations of the organization.
- Undertake other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to see projects through to completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook scheduling. Familiarity with Salesforce or database experience a plus.
- Experience in an office setting preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Desire to work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sensitivity in working with confidential materials.
- Mature interpersonal style with ability to give and receive feedback.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor and positive attitude essential.
- Passion for education and an interest in the work of EdVestors preferred.
- Great Back Bay location near public transportation.
- Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation, in addition to holidays and sick days.
- Benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan and match after one-year, life insurance, and disability benefits.
Please send in one document a resume and cover letter describing how you learned of the position and an insight into how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Please direct your application to Amy Luster at firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title and your last name in subject line of email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with priority given to applications received by July 26th.
EdVestors is an equal opportunity employer. At EdVestors, we strive to maintain an inclusive, flexible and diverse work environment, and our team is made stronger by the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives within our staff.