Career Pathways Initiative at EdVestors
EdVestors’ third effort to achieve citywide student impact is to expand Career Pathways for secondary students as a strategy for increasing student outcomes and connection to school. In 2019, the Career Pathway Initiative will award its inaugural grants to schools focused on expanding career learning to all students. Based on increasing evidence of the benefits of career learning and personalized planning coupled with state efforts in this space, Foundations of Career and Academic Learning (FOCAL) grants will support schools interested in integrating building-wide efforts around career readiness, with specific attention to schools leveraging personalized learning plans or MyCAP as tool for coordination. Through this work, EdVestors aims to partner with up to 5 Boston secondary schools in 2019-2020 school year and collaborate closely with district leaders organizing the MyCAP process.
Consultant Role and Scope of Work
EdVestors seeks a consultant to work with grantees (school teams) to develop, implement, and measure their coordinated approach to career learning and readiness. School teams will be comprised of building leaders, college and career readiness staff, and teachers in district and charter schools. The consultant will aid teams in the development and implementation of their foundational career learning approach. In addition, they will ensure that the approach is linked to evidence-based, informative, and accessible measures for the school and its stakeholders.
- Develop strong working relationship with the school teams
- Connect with school leadership, project lead, and additional stakeholders as appropriate to support the integration of foundational career learning into the school’s culture and operations.
- Attend professional development workshops with the cohort and provide technical assistance in between sessions.
- Support planning teams to articulate their MyCAP process and milestones for at least 1 grade in the building.
- Provide support for team meeting planning and facilitation for both cohort meetings and school-based sessions.
- Monitor and track school progress to ensure all grantees are prepared to offer their foundational career learning program in SY 20-21.
- Provide periodic updates to EdVestors staff on process and progress. Articulate recommendations for how school teams across the district could grow in this work.
- Measure and provide evidence of growth against the initiative’s expected outcomes.
- Analyze data and develop and draft various written materials (e.g. reports and PowerPoint presentations) that include data summaries and representations.
- Support EdVestors’ strategic work through the collection and analysis of data as needed.
Undertake other duties or special projects as assigned. This posting is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities.
- Experience and demonstrated success providing professional development and coaching support for educators (teachers, administrators, counselors, etc.) in a school setting.
- Expertise in evidenced-based college and career planning supports as well as with MyCAP (My Career and Academic Plan), preferred.
- Strong ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholder including school teams, district staff, and other key partners.
- Adept at multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, and working with multiple, diverse, urban schools.
- Outstanding organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to manage projects through to completion.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Project Period: November 2019- July 2020
- Project Location: In schools or in EdVestors office, with option for remote work; occasional off-site location for cohort meetings.
- Work closely with the Director of Career and Technical Education.
- Approximately 20 hrs./ week.
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
EdVestors is an equal opportunity employer. At EdVestors, we strive to maintain an inclusive, flexible and diverse work environment and our team is made stronger by the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives within our staff.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to LaVonia Montoute, EdVestors Director of Career and Technical Education, firstname.lastname@example.org by October 18th.