About EdVestors: EdVestors, a dynamic school improvement organization, combines strategic philanthropy, education expertise and implementation support to help schools create the conditions for improvement. The mission of EdVestors is to increase the number of schools in Boston delivering dramatically improved educational outcomes for all students. It advances its mission by identifying and shaping the most effective improvement initiatives, partnering with donors to invest in these efforts, and supporting education project leaders with hands-on expertise. Since starting in 2002, the entrepreneurial nonprofit has raised and directed over $21 million in private donations for urban school improvement efforts through EdVestors’ School Solutions Seed Fund, the BPS Arts Expansion Initiative, the School on the Move Prize, and Improving Schools Initiative. The most recent citywide effort Zeroing in on Math focuses on increasing math proficiency in the middle grades as a critical gateway for students to success in school, college and life.
Position Summary: In close partnership with the Boston Public Schools (BPS), EdVestors seeks a consultant with expertise in Career, Vocational and Technical Education pathway development and implementation to work with staff on the planning of industry pathways in existing Boston Public high schools.
Responsibilities: In partnership with EdVestors and BPS staff:
- Convene and facilitate a school based planning team to work on program development, staffing and scheduling, communications, and work-based learning connections.
- Work with industry representatives to understand needs, resources available and areas of intersection.
- Identify standards for industry recognized certifications and map course and work based learning objectives and blueprints to serve as guides.
- Bring together district, school-based and industry representatives.
- Compile and analyze local, state, and national data resources available, labor market needs, available community and technical college offerings, etc, classroom/community facilities supplies, and materials available and needed.
- Develop a program implementation plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expertise in Career and Technical Education Pathway development and implementation.
- Understanding of urban public high schools, Boston experience preferred but not required.
- Availability of 15-20 hours a week over 4-6 months. Ability to travel to school and industry partners.
Please send in one document a resume and brief cover letter describing how you learned of the position, your hourly consultant rate and an insight into how your skills and experience will allow you to execute the responsibilities of the position. Please direct your application to Amy Luster at firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title and your last name in subject line of email.
EdVestors is an equal opportunity employer. At EdVestors, we strive to maintain an inclusive, flexible and diverse work environment, and our team is made stronger by the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives within our staff.