The Communications and Program Coordinator is an integral part of the EdVestors’ team working on partnerships with urban public schools and the school district. Reporting to the Senior VP of Strategic Initiatives, the Coordinator will provide administrative and programmatic support for the BPS Arts Expansion initiative, EdVestors’ strategic communications work, including BPS Arts Expansion, and other emerging work of the organization. The Coordinator will also work in close collaboration with the Arts Expansion Director and other project coordinators in the organization on a variety of projects and events.
- Support the Strategic Initiatives team and work closely with other EdVestors staff to complete administrative duties, including scheduling appointments and meetings, handling incoming calls and email requests, troubleshooting and preparing materials for meetings and events.
- Maintain EdVestors social media accounts, including content creation and curation.
- Coordinate with other staff to publish website, blog, and email newsletter content.
- Draft organizational materials including collateral and PowerPoint presentations and coordinate production of materials.
- Track data and report on the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed.
- Support the administration of surveys including data collection, tracking, and data analysis.
- Assist with planning, coordination and execution of small and large scale meetings and events, involving a variety of key constituents and stakeholders.
- Coordinate the grant review process and grants management for Arts Expansion Fund by managing application intake, preparing materials for external review team, processing grantee reports and scheduling grantee site visits.
- Undertake other duties and special projects as assigned.
For candidates interested in learning more about urban education, effective nonprofits, or communications, this position will offer a valuable chance to learn by doing. There will be opportunities for the right candidate to support a high level of work that has a meaningful impact on public schools in Boston. The ideal candidate will have:
- Outstanding organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to see administrative tasks and projects through to completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience implementing a social media strategy and deploying electronic communications, preferably for an organization, company, or nonprofit.
- Strong data analysis skills using Excel and ability to learn about data sources quickly and use that knowledge to analyze data effectively.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, design software, website content management, email marketing and social media networks. Photography skills and interest a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment in managing the public face of an organization and in handling confidential materials.
- Mature interpersonal style with ability to give and receive feedback.
- Ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor and positive attitude essential.
- Passion for education and an interest in EdVestors work preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Great Back Bay location near public transportation.
- Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation, in addition to holidays and sick days.
- Benefit package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k plan and match after one-year, life insurance, and disability benefits.
Please send in one document a resume and cover letter describing how you learned of the position and an insight into how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Please direct your application to Amy Luster at email@example.com including the position title and your last name in subject line of email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with priority given to applications received by July 1st.
EdVestors is an equal opportunity employer. At EdVestors, we strive to maintain an inclusive, flexible and diverse work environment, and our team is made stronger by the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives within our staff.